Monday, September 8, 2014

{Post #1,173} Honor Flight!

I got a phone call a couple of weeks ago.

It was a good one.

One that I have been waiting for a long time for the call.

My name was at the top of the list... to be a Guardian on an Honor Flight.

Finally!!


Here's what I know:

Our flight will be the twenty-ninth Honor Flight the chapter in the Quad Cities conducted.

There will be ninety-one veterans on the flight and my veterans are Ronald and Eugene.

I get to meet them, learn about the day we will spend together about a week before we take off!

I also get to have dinner with them the night before our big day.

To say I am thrilled would be the understatement of the year.

This has been on my "Bucket List B" for-ev-er. 

To learn more about Honor Flights, go here! 

 

1 comment:

:Jayne said...

This is on my bucket list too! I know a few of the guys who've gone on the honor flight out of the QCA. If any of yours are from Savanna, give them a hug for me and tell them thanks. Actually you can hug all of them for me and tell them thanks. But the guys from Savanna served with my dad. He was Owen Moore. sure wish he could have gone.